Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Silent in the stillness, i heard the sound of a distant freight train.
It always makes me think, when i hear that sound, that somehow,
You are with me. And not just in that moment, but always.
It's usually when i'm tired, or stressed, or depressed
or angry that i find myself within earshot of that train.
I sit there in awe thinking "You're doing it again", and i take a moment to breathe
while You remind me that i'm alive and loved because of You.
Thank You for the train.

4 comments:

Amy said...

I'd forgotten how good your poetry is. Thanks for sharing it, and reminding me.

Jennie Quillen said...

That's your poetry?!?! Wow! I was going to ask where you found that. Thanks for posting it for others, like little ol' me, to enjoy! I had no idea you wrote poetry. But then, I guess I wouldn't. Which is one of the reason I love blogs! It enables people, like us as family, to get to know one another better. So cool! :)

Adam said...

Aaron - I'm glad you're back. And I like how you've started things. Keep it coming - at whatever pace you like. I really do enjoy reading your writing.

hoesayfina said...

i like your new blog! And i really like this post. thanks for sharing these thoughts with us. i enjoyed reading your poetry!! -maria